Project is funded by European Union’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020” under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Programme. Call : H2020-MSCA-ITN-2015
SSeMID will provide valuable information of aerodynamic characteristics of an airplane paving the way to its complete industrialization while increasing the academic knowledge regarding instability mechanisms and covering the necessary skills and knowledge to train experts in this area.
The main objective of SSeMID is training of 16 PhD students in the aerodynamics field. In particular enable the ESRs to:
- Be able to identify the main problems involved in stability, analysis and control of unsteady flows.
- Master the methods and tools, numerical and experimental, required to solve these problems and to contribute to advance in the current state of the art.
- Control the existing industrial methodologies used to tackle problems related not only to detached flows, but also to general design processes.
- Understand the different roles and complementariness between academia and industry and to learn how to create bridges between them.
- Be able to carry out their independent research project.
- Acquire complementary skills relevant to working as academic researchers and industry engineers.